Date of Foundation: November 20, 2020
Founders: Hanson Goeso, Fred Erubare
Upstate United's major milestones.
◦ 2021 UPSL D1 Northeast Conference Champions within 2 year of operation.
◦ 2021 UPSL United County League champions within 2 year of operation.
◦ 2021 UPSL D1 WNY Champions within 2 years of operation.
◦ Finished within the top 5 of then Division table in the inaugural year.
◦ Finished in the semifinals of the Battle of The East Tournament.
◦ Produced players to play professionally.
Upstate United FC was Commonly known as Upstate Lonestar FC founded in the fall of 2020 as a Refugee Community Football club team by Hanson Goeso and Fred Erubare. The club competed in various tournaments, local leagues in Syracuse and Western NY. By the Fall of 2020, Lonestar moved on from the local background and decided to make the jump to join the United Premier Soccer League (UPSL) partnering with various refugee Community club. Under a new identity in honor of the partnership came Upstate Lonestar Football Club, a Premier and Division 1 amateur adult and youth league team within the UPSL. During this new adventure, the Upstate Lonestar FC transitioned into Upstate United FC. Over the years now our institution has been participating in
the semi-professional league (UPSL) on the national level. Upstate United Football Club plays its home matches at Hennineger High School Stadium in Syracuse, NY.
With vision to continue projecting young people to reach the
highest level and fulfill their dreams to become realities.